Spread the cost of your tuition
HTMI Australia is pleased to announce that there is an option to pay tuition fees through a Tuition Payment Plan (TPP) managed by a third party, Debitsuccess Pty Ltd – one of the largest direct debit providers in Australia.
If you are enrolling in an eligible Vocational Education and Training (VET) course at HTMI Australia and you meet certain eligibility requirements, a TPP may be available to you.
Under a TPP, you authorise Debitsuccess to automatically debit tuition fees from your bank account or credit card on a weekly or fortnightly basis over a set period of time.
What is a Tuition Payment Plan?
A Tuition Payment Plan or TPP is a contract that allows you to pay your tuition by direct debit on either a weekly, fortnightly basis or monthly basis.
A TPP is a legally binding contract. If you enter a TPP you will be bound by the terms and conditions set out in that contract.
It is important to realise that Debitsuccess is managing the contract and any communication should be directly with Debitsuccess, as set out in the contract. However, HTMI Australia may assist you to lodge the documents necessary to enter a TPP or approve the cancellation of a TPP in the ‘cooling off’ period.
HTMI Australia has set out some general information below to help you work out if you are eligible for a TPP, and some of the key features of a TPP.
Am I eligible for a Tuition Payment Plan (Debitsuccess)?
You are able to apply for a Tuition Payment Plan (TPP) if you meet the criteria below:
- You are enrolling in a Diploma
- You are NOT enrolling in a Higher Education course
- You are NOT enrolling as an International Student
What can I pay for with a TPP?
- You can use a TPP to pay up to 100 per cent of your Tuition fee
- You cannot use the TPP to pay your Materials and Amenities fees. You will pay these in full at time of enrolment
What are the costs?
The exact costs and fees and charges of your TPP will be set out in your contract, including your tuition and instalment amount. Examples of fees and charges that apply under the contract include:
- A one-off administration fee of $10 (payable with your first instalment)
- 4%* billing fee (based on amount of TPP)
- A reversal fee of $10 for each failed direct debit
If you enter a TPP and you default on any of your obligations, under the contract additional fees will apply, such as fees or costs related to debt collection, and Debitsuccess may choose to terminate the contract. Please see below for further details.
How is my TPP calculated?
|Indicative Example:||Tuition fee||$21,720|
|The total is divided into equal instalments, payable weekly/fortnightly/monthly.|
|PLUS one-off Admin fee|
(non-refundable and added to first instalment)
How do I apply for a TPP?
- If you are eligible, choose the TPP option at enrollment
- Read the TPP contract and decide whether you’d like to enter into a TPP
- If you choose to proceed with the Debitsuccess contract, select installment option – weekly, fortnightly, monthly plus account details to be debited
- Sign your Debitsuccess contract
- Then pay total Amenities and Materials fees at point of enrolment.
Can I cancel my TPP during a ‘cooling off’ period?
Yes. If you enter a TPP, you have a ‘cooling off’ period of five (5) working days to cancel your TPP, at no cost to you. Debitsuccess will not accept a cancellation during the cooling off period without HTMI Australia’s approval.
If you do want to cancel your TPP in this time, you must let HTMI Australia know by email that you want to cancel the contract within five working days of signing the TPP.
Cancellations during the ‘cooling off’ period will only be accepted if they are received by this email and strictly during this time.
Important things to know
- Maximum amount for a TPP is $21,720
- You must provide your bank account or credit card details with you when applying for the TPP
- If you are under 18 when applying for a TPP, the Debitsuccess contract MUST be counter-signed by a parent or guardian PLUS a guarantor form must be completed by the parent or guardian. Therefore they must authorize the use of their banking or credit card details
- If you are not using your own bank account or credit card when applying for a TPP, the bank account/credit card holder must attend with you at time of enrolment to complete and sign a Direct Debit Request form
- It is recommended that your TPP agreement end before your current period of enrolment
- Unless and until all instalments and fees have been paid in full under your TPP contract, your Statement of Attainment, Record of Results and Qualification/Testamur will be withheld until final payment is received
- You can terminate the TPP contract before expiry if all the instalments and fees due up to the date of termination are paid
TIP: Under a TPP contract, it is your responsibility to ensure that on the due date clear funds are available in your nominated account to meet the direct debit payment. To avoid possible late payment fees we recommend you arrange the TPP debit from your bank account the day after you are paid or when you expect funds to be deposited to your account.
Problems with making payments?
If you are unable to make payments on time, please contact Debitsuccess directly at least three (3) days prior to direct debit date, by
phone: 1800 148 848, or email: email@example.com
Additionally, please contact Debitsuccess, if you:
- need to make any changes to your payment method
- wish to extend or rearrange your TPP agreement
- want to ask a question about a payment which has been taken
- need to request a deferral or suspension from payments (for example, arrange for 1-6 weeks payment free)
It is important to understand that your TPP arrangement with Debitsuccess is a legal and binding contract.
View Debitsuccess terms and conditions
What happens if I miss a TPP payment?
- If you miss a TPP payment you can:
- bring your account up-to-date by contacting Debitsuccess to make a payment OR
- Debitsuccess may debit both the current and overdue payment (and any associated fees or costs) on your next schedule payment date
- NOTE: a $10 reversal fee will apply in either case
- If you miss 3 consecutive TPP payments and your TPP stays in arrears HTMI Australia will suspend or deny you access to:
- academic and administrative services
- Statement of Attainment, Record of Results and Qualification/Testamur
- access to HTMI Australia systems and facilities, including Moodle, and library
- NOTE: when you bring your account back up-to-date it will take a minimum of three (3) working days to reactivate your access to the above systems, facilities and services.
- If you enter into a TPP and you continue to remain in default, you will be referred to debt collection and additional fees will apply, such as:
- an outstanding debt fee of $50; plus
- an amount equal to 25% of the full outstanding balance in accordance with the contract
What if I want to withdraw from my studies?
Please review HTMI Australia’s Terms & Conditions to see if you are eligible for a refund of your fees.
- If you withdraw WITHIN the refund period stipulated in the above policy, your fees may be adjusted and a refund or a reduction may be applied to your TPP
- You will remain liable for your TPP if you withdraw AFTER the refund period has passed
NOTE: The Debitsuccess $10 Administration fee is not refundable for any withdrawal.
For more Information
|Phone:||1800 148 848 (Free call: Mon-Fri 8.30am-5pm)|
|Application Page:||Apply for the payment plan|